Sunday, December 11, 2016

Letter from Bob Lewis

I sent many of my Callaway, Nebraska High School classmates a Christmas e-mail telling that I had gotten a letter from Bob Lewis --- who we had not been in touch with for many years.

Here is that letter for them:

            10/28/16
Dear Lynn –
            I really enjoyed myself at the “55th”.  Even though all of us weren’t there, it was kind of like we were all there.  We were a special class.  Even my brother Kenny has told me that, and he can be pretty critical.
            Thank you for all of your effort in reaching out to everyone to make it a success.  I could never do what you have done, and again, thank you for that. 
            Even though this information is way too late, I will tell you anyway: 
 Evan, my first child, is 42 and has a daughter, Riley, who is a freshman at the U. of Maine.  She went to Thornton Academy in Saco and got academic scholarships.  She is not only beautiful, but very smart.
 Patrick, my second, is 38 today.  He has his own business on Nantucket Island, “Away off Shore” from Massachusetts.  He and his wife, Sara, have a child Rubin who is 2.5 years old.  She is also very bright.  I don’t see them very often, but Patrick tells me that he and Sara and Rubin have interesting conversations. 
 My third, Dan, is 32 and engaged to be married to Kayla next September.

            I think of our High School days often, and they are all good memories.
            It was nice talking to you at the reunion.  Perhaps next time we can talk a little longer.
            Most Sincerely, Bob Lewis

             10/28/16

1961 Class of Callaway, Nebraska


Later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, the end of April 2024

 75 degrees with mostly bright sunshine here in Clarinda, IA at 12:40 pm Tuesday.  Forecast for possibly some storms this late afternoon.  H...