Tuesday, November 8, 2022

In Leesburg, Florida

 72º partly cloudy and a bit more humidity than we have been used to here in Leesburg, FL at 11:00 am on Monday.  Hurricane predicted to come through here Thursday.

After an almost 12 hour, 680 mile trip yesterday we got to my brother Darrell's house here in Leesburg, FL about 8 pm last night.  Last couple hours were in the dark, when I usually don't like to drive.  Other than a lot of traffic around Gainsbourg, FL wasn't too bad.  We were on Interstate roads all the time after an hour and a half leaving Phyllis' cousin, Stan Runyan's place in rural Mississippi near Hazlehurst on their country roads, 

These two photos are at breakfast this morning.  At table with brother Darrell and nephew Jonathan.

Have had some time visiting with sister-in-law
Lin.


Photo at left is our arriving last night.
************************
I bought a bottle of Jack Daniels. I tied it to my bicycle carrier.
I was about to leave. Then I realised that if I fell off the bike on the way home, the bottle would break.
So I drank all the JD before I rode back.
Finally it turned out to be a very good decision, because I fell off my bicycle seven times on the way home.
*************************

See what today brings and post later,
LC -- st

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, the end of April 2024

 75 degrees with mostly bright sunshine here in Clarinda, IA at 12:40 pm Tuesday.  Forecast for possibly some storms this late afternoon.  H...