Saturday, June 15, 2019

Resting easy, getting some strength back.

77º, no wind, and muggy at 5:30 pm Saturday in Clarinda, IA.  Rain predicted for this afternoon, but has gone around us, so far.
One of Phyllis' flowers - think these had decorated Gregory's grave

While on one of my walks this morning I took this picture to show how
the ground falls off right from the street at a sharp angle just
across from our house.

Have been reading some -



Have worked on these three books which cover most of the European aspect of World War II.  Have finished "An Army At Dawn" about the invasion and finally conquering Africa.  Am partway into "The Day Of Battle" and am up to the invasion of Italy's island of Sicily.








Nothing much new to report.  I have been resting and walking.  Am 10 pounds lighter than before I went in for heart surgery.  Not an easy way to loose weight!  Just after surgery I was 10 pounds heavier than when I had checked in; they put on fluid to cushion things during and right after surgery.  Then they gave me lasix so I could get rid of it - Liberace -- I was the pianist.   Am hoping the bowels get back to normal, getting a little tired of giving birth to a roll of barb wire when on the stool.

Have had several people drop by for a visit.  I have doctor's appointment here in Clarinda Monday to remove stitches in groin area at top of where veins were pulled and then see the Physical Therapist.

And on that fine note, will close for today.
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Final Moments of His Life, Calvin Has One Last Talk with Hobbes

       By  MYRNA LAPRES “Calvin? Calvin, sweetheart?” In the darkness Calvin heard the sound of Susie, his wife of fifty-three years. Calvin...