Friday, June 14, 2019

Some info on the 4-bypass heart surgery

From: Lynn Miles <LyCaMiles@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 3:29:27 AM
Letter sent to several friends who do not use Facebook:

2:45 am Saturday.  Best night of sleep for a week.  When I had the 2 chest drainage tubes coming out near my belly button, the upper ends, one under my left arm pit in front of the heart and the other behind the lungs behind the heart.  I'm told that the lungs have no nerve, but the ribcage has a lot.  That one in the back was a real pain from just breathing to lieing on the back.  Any ihalation really bothered it - 9 or 10 on the pain scale.  Finally pulled them yesterday morning and thought that possibly behind me.  ....NOT  The phantom pain of where the front tube had been was a 9 to 10 killer for several hours.
I had tried to use the CPAP 2 nights ago, but the forced inhalation was a killer.  Last night with the tubes out some 7 hours I tried the CPAP again and got a full night's sleep
 
Got the Central line out yesterday after 4 nurses/technicians finally succeeded in replacing my failed iv Port with about 12 stabs.  Also I got the drainage tube out of my left leg where they had pulled 4 veins or enough to make the 4 veins.
Think time schedule is to go to Clarinda Monday.  Cam and Pat left Wednesday, Michelle leaves later this morning for Columbus Ohio.  L Sister-in-law Carolyn came with Angie yesterday noon.  Phyllis cousin Jan and husband live just south of Lincoln were here last night.  And granddaughter's Ashley and Emily along with Heath and granddaughter Jessica got here about 6 last night.  They will head out for Marengo Sunday as Heath has to be at work at 11 pm Sunday night.
Is now 3:30 and typing on my phone is wearing me out.
Haven't been worth shooting for several days and now I'm back to being worth shooting maybe I should worry.
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Final Moments of His Life, Calvin Has One Last Talk with Hobbes

       By  MYRNA LAPRES “Calvin? Calvin, sweetheart?” In the darkness Calvin heard the sound of Susie, his wife of fifty-three years. Calvin...