Sunday, October 15, 2017

Were home! -- our winter home

81º here in Kenwood RV Park at La Feria, Texas at 11:00 am Sunday.
Pulled in about 1:30 pm Saturday.  Parked with door of travel trailer across from
our mobile home so could unload.  After about 4 hours, with the humid 89º heat and
either a brigade or a full army of mosquitoes, had the trailer empty and about a 1/3 of pickup unloaded

Parked the travel trailer to back of the empty lot next to us.  Still have
to clean inside and wash/wax the outside, and cover tires for the winter.
Looks like our tall cactus had a lot of blooms during the summer, which fell off

Just keeps getting bigger

Along back fence - keeps growing

Large Bougainvillea 

Pin-cushion cacti keep growing - will trim them back

This tree I planted as 6" tall about 6 years
ago is really growing - will need to trim
lower limbs that are growing into the shop area























After our hard push to drive the 600+ miles on Friday we took time to sleep in, then dumped the tanks and left Victoria for the easy drive down Highway 77.

We stopped for gas at Refugio, TX which is north and west of  where one of the Hurricanes came in recently.
 This was the first gas station we came to
 We stopped across the street to gas up at $2.499.

Should have driven on into the little town.  Gas was $2.299 at rest of stations.  Sited gas as low as $2.199 on the way to Harlingen.  Gas in this area, near Harlingen is in the $2.199 range.
Just south of Refugio signs of the covers being blown
off harvested cotton at side of field.


Cotton was strewn along many miles of Highway 77
I am typing this at the clubhouse were there is free Tangonet WIFI.  Our Spectrum/Time Warner internet has been on Vacation.  Reached them a bit ago and will be turned on at 6:00 am tomorrow morning.  Also reached Dish and had the local TV channels turned on.  We are still carting our Dish black box back and forth - may look into having a second account set up and alleviating the bother of unhooking, packing, re-hooking (plus have to re-program the remotes to the TV's here)
Hope to get the pickup unpacked this afternoon and get the trikes back together.

GROANER'S CORNER:((  Facebook for Seniors...
For those of my generation who simply do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists:
I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.  Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I'm doing now, what I will be doing later and with whom, and where I'm going next. and ask them to follow me along and watch me be important.
Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, washing the car, driving around town, eating lunch, getting a haircut, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.  I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them and will be friends with them. It all works just like Facebook.. only I do it face to face not on a little glass screen.  I already have four people following me - two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.
---------------------------------------------
I rear-ended a car a few days ago.  The driver got out of the other car, and he was a Dwarf.  He looked up at me and said "I am NOT happy!"
So I said, "well, which one are you then?"
----------------------------------------
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Butcher!
Butcher who?
Butcher money where your mouth is!

Hope to catch up on some of our trip down when have internet at the house.
Later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Final Moments of His Life, Calvin Has One Last Talk with Hobbes

       By  MYRNA LAPRES “Calvin? Calvin, sweetheart?” In the darkness Calvin heard the sound of Susie, his wife of fifty-three years. Calvin...