Friday, October 6, 2017

From Pensacola, FL to Leesburg, FL

77º here in Leesburg, FL at 8:00 pm EST.  Had a shower this afternoon.
Looking at rain northwest out Darrell's back patio

Looking at rain to northeast from Darrell's patio.
These next pictures are just to show the boring drive from the panhandle around south in Florida.  The first three show just the trees along the side - can't see anything else.



Finally drove through a bit of clearing where no trees, but not much else, either.





Got to Darrell's about 5 pm and he was working on fixing supper

Have a nice setup in their new home.
Anxious about our trailer sitting in west Pensacola, FL - latest prediction shows up to 55 mph winds with rain at 4:00 am on Sunday when the hurricane Nate hits the coast to the west of it over near Mobile, AL or New Orleans, LA.  Imagine it will be safe.

GROANER'S CORNER:((  Two confirmed bachelors sat talking, their conversation drifted from politics to cooking.   "I got a cookbook once," said one, "but I could never do anything with it."   "Too much fancy work in it, eh?" asked the other.   "You said it. Every one of the recipes began the same way - 'Take a clean dish'."
-----------------------------------------------
12 Things Not To Say To A Police Officer If Stopped………………..
1. I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer.
2. Sorry, officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.
3. Aren't you the guy from the Village People?
4. Hey, you must've been going about 125 mph to keep up with me. Good job!
5. Are you Andy or Barney?
6. I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer.
7. You're not going to check the trunk, are you?
8. I pay your salary!
9. Gee, officer! That's terrific. The last officer only gave me a warning, too!
10. Do you know why you pulled me over? Okay, just so one of us does.
11. I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there are no other cars around. That's how far ahead of me they are.
12. When the officer says "Gee son....Your eyes look red, have you been drinking?" You probably shouldn't respond with, "Gee officer your eyes look glazed, have you been eating donuts?"
----------------------------------------------------
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Wannetta!
Wannetta who?
Wannetta time please!


Later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Final Moments of His Life, Calvin Has One Last Talk with Hobbes

       By  MYRNA LAPRES “Calvin? Calvin, sweetheart?” In the darkness Calvin heard the sound of Susie, his wife of fifty-three years. Calvin...