Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Little cool this morning

DON'T WAIT -- DO IT NOW!....... while you still can

68º here in La Feria, TX as I start this at 10:25 am Wednesday; was low of 53º this morning.  Know that doesn't sound cool to you people up north, but is a bit cool here after 93º just this last Sunday.

It was a bit cool when I took this photo on a Saturday in March of 1961 at our Oconto, NE farm where I grew up.  I recall that day when Dad was having me help him run some ear-corn thru the hammer-mill for the cattle.  I wasn't feeling good and later that day it was decided I had the mumps.  I was a senior in high-school and not happy about missing school for the following week (and the miserable swollen spots below my jaw.)


The lawns are mowed every 2 weeks here by a crew, but it gets a little long the "off" week so I ran my foot-powered mower over my lawn Monday.









Can't remember the names of these flowers, but
some of them are in full bloom - Hydrangeas?





































With floor of the steps painted and second coat on, I finally got railing finished (it had been up as temporary for only a couple years!) and sanded the old and new to match as well as cleaned up the post top on the other side.
Still have to put second coat on the railings, but is starting to look a little more finished.

This is steps inside the "Texas Room"
after second coat of paint.

Steps painted, before working on handrails. 




















Monday we had made a quick trip to Progreso, MX for a checkup on Phyllis' tooth work.  Then she started her job as Activity Director that day.

Yesterday, Tuesday, we both went in for blood draws for our checkup next week.

Ralph and Jean Snyder got here Monday and Dave & Jan Engle yesterday as well as Don Unger.




GROANER’S CORNER:((   One night, a man on his way home happened upon a drunk, down on his hands and knees searching for something under a street light. The man asked the drunk what he was looking for so diligently and the drunk said he had tripped and his Rolex wrist watch had broken loose from his wrist. The man, being a kindhearted soul, got down on his hands and knees and began assisting the drunk looking for his watch. After about ten minutes without any success, the man asked the drunk exactly where he tripped. "About a half a block up the street," the drunk said. "Why, pray tell," the man asked the drunk, "are you looking for your watch here if you lost it a half a block up the street?" The drunk replied, "The light is a lot better here."
-------------------------------------------
- Mother: Why did you just swallow the money I gave you?
Son: Well you did say it was my lunch money!

- What's a mushroom?
The place they store the school food!

- My teacher reminds me of history
She's always repeating herself!

- A math joke
Teacher: Did your parents help you with these homework problems?
Pupil: No I got them all wrong by myself!
---------------------------------
Knock Knock
Who's there
Figs
Figs who
Figs the doorbell, it's broken!!

Be well, do good work, and stay in touch -- Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Final Moments of His Life, Calvin Has One Last Talk with Hobbes

       By  MYRNA LAPRES “Calvin? Calvin, sweetheart?” In the darkness Calvin heard the sound of Susie, his wife of fifty-three years. Calvin...