Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Tuesday evening

69º here in Clarinda, Iowa at 8:00 pm Tuesday evening as I start writing this.  Has been overcast most of the day with a bit of a shower earlier.  Forecast for rain overnight.
A wooden snowman - at Patty's

I'm supposed to see if I can
make this - then cut the wood so
can be used for craft class in the Valley


















Our meal at Winterset Monday

We were only customers in this rather quint cafe

Lot of unique things hanging on walls

More stuff on walls.



















On Monday we again used our "Our Iowa" book on Ma and Pa Restaurants in Iowa to locate this restaurant on the square in Winterset, Iowa -- had a $5 coupon from the book..










The owner/waitress/cook was a young, quite outspoken gal glad to tell us all about her place and the history of it.








We got there about 12:15 pm and were the only people there until about 12:40 when two gentlemen came in to eat.




An interesting painting on the wall in the restroom at the cafe.

We had stopped in Des Moines at both Sam's Club and Walmart to pick up groceries and stuff.





As soon as we got home -- around 2:30 pm -- I went on the prowl for these bright yellow flowering weeds, probably popped about a dozen from the ground.  Spray has been put down for them, so they are not wide spread.



Taken at 7:30 am - damp deck.
I dumped a 1/2" of rain from the gauge from the weekend on Monday.  A little shower gave us a tenth inch in the afternoon.  These pictures are taken this morning - .3" of rain through the night. It is now 11:30 Wednesday morning as I finish this - 70º outside with overcast skies.
Damp back yard








Just for the heck of it -- here are number of days since:
My dad born - 41,133 days ago
My Dad died - 14,272 days ago
My Mom born - 40,130 days ago
My Mom died - 11,089 days ago
My sister Louise born - 24,556 days ago
My sister Louise died - 3,263 days ago
My brother Roger born - 29,285 days ago
My brother Don born - 28,450 days ago
Don's daughter Jenn born 17,038 days ago
Niece Jenn died - 140 days ago
I was born 26,977 days ago
My brother Darrell was born 26,061 days ago
My wife Phyllis was born 26,685 days ago
My son Cameron was born 18,989 days ago
My daughter Michelle was born 18,008 days ago
and our only Grand Daughter, Jessica, was born 300 days ago.

More stuff later, Lynn

2 comments:

  1. I think you have to much time on your hands! How was the food at the place you ate in Winterset?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good, nothing fancy, though she laid it out a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Well, the end of April 2024

 75 degrees with mostly bright sunshine here in Clarinda, IA at 12:40 pm Tuesday.  Forecast for possibly some storms this late afternoon.  H...