Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My folks 40th Wedding Anniversary surprise celebration

Have been going through photos and found these taken at brother Roger's farm near Oconto, NE in June of 1974 celebrating Mom & Dad's 40th Wedding Anniversary on June 6th.  At the time Dad was  70 years old and Mom 67.  Here are some pictures I located that I took that day.



Here I presented a "money tree' that had been put together for them.



The whole day was a surprise to Mom & Dad and they were really surprised when the people showed up.

Here Dad's sister Edna Miles French, from Cavour, South Dakota is greeting Dad's brother Bud Miles from Batavia, Illinois.
At back is Kermit Miles, Addie Johnson (Mom's brother Bill's widow), Sylvester Rourke (husband of Mom's sister Emma Rourke)  at right is Cora Johnson (wife of Mom's brother Walter Johnson.

Seated is Pearl Miles, her sister Emma Rourke and her brother Walter Johnson
Dad was just greeting Alice Miles (brother Bud Miles
 wife) and was certainly happy.

Dad's sister Ruth Miles Arbrogast, from Watertown, South Dakota and Edna Miles French from Cavour, South Dakota visit with Dad.

My Dad got to visit a bit with our kids Michelle & Cameron











My sister-in-law Carolyn
got to do a lot of kitchen work
that day.  Here she is visiting with 
Aunt Emma

Posing for pictures.
My oldest brother, Roger, with wife Carolyn and their kids Angie, Julie and Keith


My next-older brother Don
with wife Paula and
their daughter Jenny.


My family - Lynn, Phyllis and
our two - Cameron and Michelle











The younger cousins together.



I do not find any photos of my little sister, Louise, or younger brother Darrell.  I do not recall if they were there or not--at least not in any of my pictures I can find.

Will pick up another episode later.

You Might Be A Redneck If 

You might be a redneck if...
Your most expensive shoes have numbers on the heels.
Your wife has ever burned out an electric razor.
Your birth announcement included the word "rug rat".
You've ever hitchhiked naked.
You use the O on a stop sign to sight your new rifle.
Your bumper sticker says, "My other car is a combine."
The gas pedal on your car is shaped like a bare foot.
The highlight of your parties is when you flip out your false teeth.
Your wife keeps a can of Vienna sausage in her purse.
There are more than ten lawsuits currently pending against your dog.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, the end of April 2024

 75 degrees with mostly bright sunshine here in Clarinda, IA at 12:40 pm Tuesday.  Forecast for possibly some storms this late afternoon.  H...