Thursday, April 29, 2021

Old photos

 80º in La Feria, TX and 59º here in Clarinda, IA at 9:40 am Thursday.

Am going to show some old photos:


Think this was taken
at Uncle Jack's place
near Gothenburg, Nebraska
in 1961 or 1962

This was at Aunt Alma's place in Wolsey, South Dakota in fall of 1962




At my grade school, Lower Lodi,  near
Oconto, Nebraska probably in early
1950's.  My only classmate, Carolyn Downin, is deceased as well as Ann & Robert Vollenweider and Bobbie West.

I believe this was taken at brother Don's place in Lincoln, Nebraska in 1968.  Was brother Darrell's graduation from the University of Nebraska.


These next series of photos were
taken at the farm where I grew up
between Oconto and Callaway, Nebraska -- probably around 1974


Dad feeding his Herefords
It seems like Dad said to me 
something like "If you weren't hanging
on to that camera you could help me"

Dad in the living room of our house where I grew up.
Dad at the "oil shed"




The sileage wagon.  I helped Dad
feed sileage in the morning
and hay after school when
I was home, before
heading to college.

A "just born" calf.

Dad feeding hay with the Farmhand Loader on the 60 John Deere.




More another time, Lynn






No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, the end of April 2024

 75 degrees with mostly bright sunshine here in Clarinda, IA at 12:40 pm Tuesday.  Forecast for possibly some storms this late afternoon.  H...