Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Hot, but soon to get cold and wet

86º with a "feel like" of 97º here in Kenwood at 1:00 pm Wednesday.  Humidity of 63% -- 100% chance of rain tonight with a cold front coming through around 10 pm and temp then 61º.

Picked up Darlene Winslow at the Harlingen Airport coming in from West Branch, Michigan last night about 8 pm.  Guess I didn't take my camera out of its case!  We got a bite to eat at Whataberger a couple blocks down the street from Kenwood, and delivered her to her home.  She was pleased with the more shallow steps I had made.  Picked her up this morning, at breakfast at Whataberger. 
I had this new offering - a Breakfast Burger with a Jr. burger patty, cheese, hash browns, egg, and bacon.  The proportions in the poster are a little misleading.  Height compared to width were about half or less than shown.  It was an okay sandwich, though..

We then went to Walmart in Harlingen where both Phyllis & Darlene got groceries.  I stayed in the pickup with my music for Men of A Chord and practiced for the barbershop chorus which will start practice next Tuesday.


Where I have the Teeter sitting for the winter.
Upside down view when looking up when on the Teeter

Planted seeds of a great grape tomato Monday

Hopefully they will look like this in 60 days
Intended to mention when I posted a few days ago about putting a "new" desk in our place -- it is actually the desk that Phyllis used the last three years up in the office when she worked as Activity Director.  I spotted it sitting along the fence in the area where we take garbage, recyclables and lawn waste.  It had been rained on some, but other than re-gluing some laminate on the sides and placing the new top over the weather-blistered top, it is in great shape and much bigger surface as well as extra drawers and shelves.


GROANER'S CORNER:((   The elderly priest, speaking to the younger priest, said, "It was a good idea to replace the first four pews with plush bucket theater seats. It worked like a charm. The front of the church always fills first now." The young priest nodded, and the old priest continued, "And you told me adding a little more beat to the music would bring young people back to church, so I supported you when you brought in that rock'n'roll gospel choir. Now our services are consistently packed to the balcony."
"Thank you, Father," answered the young priest. "I am pleased that you are open to the new ideas of youth."
"All of these ideas have been well and good," said the elderly priest, "but I'm afraid you've gone too far with the drive-thru confessional."
"But, Father," protested the young priest, "my confessions and the donations have nearly doubled since I began that!"
"Yes," replied the elderly priest, "and I appreciate that.
But the flashing neon sign, 'Toot 'n Tell or Go to Hell' cannot stay on the church roof.
--------------------------  Q. Why are married women heavier than single women?  A. Single women come home, see what's in the fridge and go to bed.  Married women come home, see what's in bed and go to the fridge. ---------------- My boss arrived at work in a brand-new Rolls Royce.“Wow,” I said. “That’s an amazing car.”He replied, “If you work hard, put all your hours in, and strive for excellence, I’ll get another one next year!"

Later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, the end of April 2024

 75 degrees with mostly bright sunshine here in Clarinda, IA at 12:40 pm Tuesday.  Forecast for possibly some storms this late afternoon.  H...