Thursday, August 31, 2017

Last day of August

70 degrees here in Clarinda, IA at 8:00 pm as I start this.  Haven't run the air conditioner since we got back last Sunday, but do have my exhaust window fan sucking out the 80 degree inside air.

Haven't done much last few days.  Working on some abdomen pain and had several tests at the hospital today and set up for some more tomorrow morning at 8 am.  Hope to have some answers tomorrow.

Of course, have cancelled plans about going to Nebraska State fair tomorrow and were going to stop at brother Roger's for a visit.  Will have to try to do that before we head south on September 28th.  Still hoping to leave week from tomorrow for Spencer, IA to Clay County Fair.  All depends on things tomorrow. 

Phyllis worked at the Food Bank at the old church building yesterday.

GROANER’S CORNER:(( Shaky went to a psychiatrist. "Doc," he said, "I've got trouble. Every time I get into bed, I think there's somebody under it. I get under the bed, I think there's somebody on top of it. Top, under, top, under ... you gotta help me, I'm going crazy!" "Just put yourself in my hands for two years," said the shrink. "Come to me three times a week, and I'll cure your fears." "How much do you charge?" "A hundred dollars per visit."   "I'll sleep on it," said Shaky.   Six months later the doctor met Shaky on the street.   "Why didn't you ever come to see me again?" asked the psychiatrist.   "For a hundred buck's a visit?  A bartender cured me for ten dollars."   "Is that so! How?"   "He told me to cut the legs off the bed!"
------------
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Quack!
Quack who?
Quack another bad joke and I'm leaving!
------------------------------
Q: Who opened the first drive-in gas station?
A: Gulf opened up the first station in Pittsburgh in 1913.

Q: What city was the first to use parking meters?
A: Oklahoma City, on July 16, 1935.

Q: Where was the first drive-in restaurant?
A: Royce Hailey's Pig Stand opened in Dallas in 1921.

Probably more later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, the end of April 2024

 75 degrees with mostly bright sunshine here in Clarinda, IA at 12:40 pm Tuesday.  Forecast for possibly some storms this late afternoon.  H...