Thursday, September 10, 2026

Labor Day 2026 over

 84º with a "feel like" of 84º here in Clarinda, IA at 1:30 pm Thursday.  Have had rain several overnights lately, 1/2 to 3/4" in several of them.  Is to cool off for a bit.  Click on any photo to enlarge.

         I have been doing quite a bit of "Paint by Numbers" this summer.  I just compiled nearly 90 of them into an album that you can Look at HERE  Click on any photo to enlarge, then slide right.  I put one on with some of the greyed areas that shows where I am to click when that color is highlighted in the menu below the picture.  Then one of them - this one 

here - I made "screen shots" at five different stages leading up to the completed one, showing the many multiple points for me to click on.    Enjoy - There is a phlethora of photos to work on with all sorts of themes - I have gone across several themes and left other ones completely alone!












We attended the Labor Day Parade in Essex on Monday.  To show you we were really there, I found this photo on Facebook where Phyllis shows -- however I am behind the lady on the convertable.

   


          Many of the local Fire Departments in the area had trucks in the parade.



The local Americal Legion Auxiliary passed
out little six inch flags to parade watchers. 


I don't recall seeing this type of tractor!

I think this is a Model A car similar to the
first car I remember us having back in the
1940's in Custer County, Nebraska, though
ours was black.





Essex had largest band in parade though I think total was about three bands.


Didn't seem like quite as big a parade as some years.  Last time we were at it was in about 2004 and we rode on a wagon with Circle 8 Square Dance Club members.

Will see what next few days brings.  ----   LC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labor Day 2026 over

 84º with a "feel like" of 84º here in Clarinda, IA at 1:30 pm Thursday.  Have had rain several overnights lately, 1/2 to 3/4...