Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Hot again here in Iowa

 96º with "feel like" of 105º here in Clarinda, IA at 5:45 pm Wednesday - outside - I am guessing it is about 72º here in the basement at my desk -- much more comfortable.

This is our 10-year old great grandaughter
Jessica that visisted us back in July --  taken in 2017












Another old photo - about 25 years 
ago at our place west of town.


the Four Miles Brothers - 1996, Cape Girardeau














Solar Battery for pump under the leaves.


We are getting a few tomatoes every day from the four plants - two in containers.  I was wateriing them with the solar powered pump that dripped for 10 minutes four times a day.  But now I hand water, with some added fertilizer, each day as no sun reaches the battery charger. 
Little over a month ago the solar
didn't have competition.


Solar Pump is back under there, really!

























Some roses on the little rose bushes planted last year.













Decided the white I had painted the rose trellis when I added the front three posts and four rails was to garish so repainted the 
trellis similar to house to camouflage it a little.  

We attended a meeting at Church Sunday with Linda, the Choir Director/Organist.  Starting practice middle of this month - we will be gone.  May be able to sing one Sunday in October before we head south.












Next time - LC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot again here in Iowa

 96º with "feel like" of 105º here in Clarinda, IA at 5:45 pm Wednesday - outside - I am guessing it is about 72º here in the base...