Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Years since

  


 
120 years since my Dad was born (this next Friday)  117 years since my Mom was born.  46 years since Dad died; 38 years since Mom died.  81 years ago I was born, 63 years ago I graduated from High School; 61 years since we married, 62 years ago I graduated from CE School of Commerce and started working in the offices of Union Pacific Headquarters in Omaha. 57 years ago we moved from Omaha to Salt Lake City, Utah when I transferred in the Personal Injuries Claims Department to become secretary to the District Claims Agent there (AB VanArsdale) and training for Claims Adjuster position.  54 years ago I transferred to Kansas City,, Kansas and became Junior Claims Agent for the Kansas City area.

    54 years ago I quit the Claims department and we moved to Clarinda, Iowa where I worked in the office of HygGade Foods here in Clarinda at their Dry Sausage Plant under the Plant Accountant.  52 years ago I left HyGrade and started working at  Clarinda Elevator. 50 years ago I left Clarinda Elevator and started Managing Coin Grain Corp-a grain elevator in Coin, IA.  30 years ago we sold the grain elevator (had bought out other owners over the 20 years).  40 years ago we started a sign business, working out of our home.  15 years ago this December we sold the sign business. 15 years ago we started spending our winters in the Rio Grande Valley in south Texas. 14 years ago we  moved from our farm house west of Clarinda into a house in southwest portion of Clarinda.

    87 years, 85 years, 79 years and 74 years ago my brothers & sister were born.  16 years ago my sister passed away.

    Lots has happened over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Day of September Starvy Creek Bluegrass Festival 2024

 83º here at Starvy Creek at 10 am on Friday with bright sunshine and forecast of 94º later today. This photo was posted on Starvy Creek Blu...