Friday, July 19, 2024

Red Skelton -- Artist/Actor

I always like to read anything about Red Skelton.  Following is a post by someone on Facebook:

"I was vacationing in Honolulu. I was walking through an art gallery that was featuring works by Red Skelton. As I was admiring one of his pieces, I stepped back to get a better perspective and bumped into a gentleman standing behind me. I glanced back and said, “Oh, excuse me!” I then did a double take and said, “Wait, you’re the artist aren’t you?”
“Why, yes I am,” said Red.
We had a very nice conversation about that painting and I mentioned that there was a dichotomy that I noticed between the artist of the stage and the artist of the brush. “The artist on stage is all fun and laughter, but your paintings are kind of sad and lonely. Which is the real you?”
“I would say that I am more a painter,” he said.
He was then called away by the store manager to meet some other patrons."
May be an image of 3 people
All reaction

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Day of September Starvy Creek Bluegrass Festival 2024

 83º here at Starvy Creek at 10 am on Friday with bright sunshine and forecast of 94º later today. This photo was posted on Starvy Creek Blu...