Saturday, January 8, 2022

Still in the RG Valley

70 degrees here in La Feria, TX at 6:00 pm Saturday.  Every morning lately has been heavy fog and almost raining, but not raining.





Worked a couple days on roof over Texas room, removing some green stuff from edge of roof and cleaning leaves.  Found couple limbs from the tall tree we lost to the freeze last February on the roof towards the north end.






We are practicing twice a week, some 35 miles to the west of us, for the Men of A-Chord Barbershop Chorus--first performance is only a week from tomorrow.  Have not been able to get more than 14 people to a practice.  Back in 2020, last year we performed, we usually had between 20 and 30.









Check this guy out - James Gregory


















Had pot luck supper Wednesday at 5 pm and then Pegs & Jokers at our place at 6:30 pm


Joyce Holder, at right in picture to the right, is just starting with this Pegs & Joker thing.

Remember Buddy Hackett?  


Don't you think
Pat Smith looks
like Buddy? 






















About finished putting the lava rocks around base of our new bushes in the back yard.








1. When one door closes and another door opens, you are probably in prison.
2. To me, "drink responsibly" means don't spill it.
3. Age 60 might be the new 40, but 9:00 pm is the new midnight.
4. It's the start of a brand new day, and I'm off like a herd of turtles.
5. The older I get, the earlier it gets late.
6. When I say, "The other day," I could be referring to any time between yesterday and 15 years ago.
7. I remember being able to get up without making sound effects.
8. I had my patience tested. I'm negative.
9. Remember, if you lose a sock in the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid that doesn't fit any of your containers.
10. If you're sitting in public and a stranger takes the seat next to you, just stare straight ahead and say, "Did you bring the money?"
11. When you ask me what I am doing today, and I say "nothing," it does not mean I am free. It means I am doing nothing.
12. I finally got eight hours of sleep. It took me three days, but whatever.
13. I run like the winded.
14. I hate when a couple argues in public, and I missed the beginning and don't know whose side I'm on.
15. When someone asks what I did over the weekend, I squint and ask, "Why, what did you hear?"
16. When you do squats, are your knees supposed to sound like a goat chewing on an aluminum can stuffed with celery?
17. I don't mean to interrupt people. I just randomly remember things and get really excited.
18. When I ask for directions, please don't use words like "east."
19. Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head. That'll freak you right out.
20. Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.
21. My luck is like a bald guy who just won a comb.



Tomorrow night's entertainment that Phyllis had lined up informed us today he had tested positive for Covid-19 so has cancelled
Next week has quite a bit of stuff lined up so will be busy.  Later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, the end of April 2024

 75 degrees with mostly bright sunshine here in Clarinda, IA at 12:40 pm Tuesday.  Forecast for possibly some storms this late afternoon.  H...