Monday, November 12, 2018

Cool and to get colder

62º with misty rain and wind in La Feria, TX at 2:00 pm Monday.  Overnight lows to be in the 30's the next three nights.  UGH!
I'm not usually in the pictures, but Kathy Saunders took this
one Friday at our Veterans Day celebration of her husband Lee,
and I am at the left and Phyllis, as Activity Director, is at right.
This is great niece Emma showing
support for her Army Dad who
is in Afghanistan on Veteran's Day























We went 6 miles north last Sunday to eat brunch at the Santa Rosa Coffee Shop.

Lot of good food at reasonable prices.

Phyllis also left flyer for our December  yard sale here in Kenwood RV Park.

This morning we went to Mr. Gatti's (CLICK HERE) for the first, of the season Kenwood get together.  Phyllis had cinnamon  rolls lined up for the almost-30 people and laid out bingo cards and Don Ferguson called the numbers.  Some 8 people won discounts or whole meals at Mr. Gatti's -- then we all ate.  Most headed to Walmart, nearby, before coming back to Kenwood.  The lawnmower people are mowing today, in the rain.

GROANER’S CORNER:((  
Women should not have children after 35.  Really... 35 children are enough.

Shopping tip: You can get shoes for 85 cents at bowling alleys.

After all is said and done, usually more is said than done.

I married my wife for her looks... but not the ones she's been giving me lately!

No one ever says, "It's only a game," when their team is winning.

I gave my son a hint. On his room door I put a sign: "CHECKOUT TIME IS 18"

"If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many dead rabbits on the highway?

"Why do we choose from just two people for president and 50 for Miss America?

"Ever notice that people who spend money on beer, cigarettes, and lottery tickets are always complaining about being broke and not feeling well?

I earn a seven-figure salary. Unfortunately, there's a decimal point involved.

The next time you feel like complaining, remember: Your garbage disposal probably eats better than thirty percent of the people in this world.

Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled.

My wife and I were happy for twenty years .... then we met.

Home is where you can say anything you like 'cause nobody listens to you anyway.

I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here.

Sign in pet store: "Buy one dog, get one flea...

"If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the 'terminal'?
------------------------------------
Later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Final Moments of His Life, Calvin Has One Last Talk with Hobbes

       By  MYRNA LAPRES “Calvin? Calvin, sweetheart?” In the darkness Calvin heard the sound of Susie, his wife of fifty-three years. Calvin...