Monday, May 28, 2018

Trip to Cam's -- Memorial Day Weekend 2018

Okay, it has been a while since I posted.  Hot weather this weekend, in the mid to upper 90's most days.
This was taken Sunday in Ottumwa, IA after having supper
with granddaughter Emily & her boyfriend Derick

Phyllis visiting with her friends(Can't remember their names.

Part of the crowd at the Memorial Day Ceremony today
at the Clarinda Cemetery


One of the honor guards, Alan Schenk
he sang with me in the Plainsmen group

This lady did the National Anthem
A Capella from behind the crowd.

Lady in the hat gave the speech 

Freind Tom Edwards from Blanchard








































Spent the weekend at son Cam's - he was cutting dead limbs
off a tree when we got there Saturday morning.


Cam hauled all the smaller branches to a burn pile by the railroad track.

Grandma Phyllis, with Great Granddaughter Jessica and granddaughter Ashley
Me pushing Jessica on the swing - she just loves it.

At the top of her swing.

Saturday night we went to Cedar Rapids and ate at Zeppelins Bar & Grill
celebrating Cam & Patty's 34th Wedding Anniversary

Jessica really enjoyed her spaghetti 

Topped off the meal with huge hot chocolate chip cookie  served on a
hot skillet with ice cream on top--Very very tasty
1
Close-up of the hot chocolate chip cookie on a hot skillet (with ice cream)
Jessica working with her Grandpa Cam assembling things

Jessica with her daddy Heath

Jessica with mommy, grandma, and ggrandma
When Ashley & Heath came with Jessica


Enjoying time with Grandma, but needing
to mug for my camera.
This afternoon

Tomatoes are growing!





Customer: “How come this car is covered with dents? You said it had one careful owner.”
Car salesman: “The others weren’t so careful.”

GROANER'S CORNER:((  After a long, dry sermon, the minister announced that he wished to meet with the church board after the service. The first man to arrive was a stranger.  You misunderstood my announcement. This is a meeting of the board said the minister.  I know, said the man.  If there is anyone here more bored than I am, I'd like to meet him.
***********************************************************************

There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and dipshit's.

The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in college was my blood alcohol content.

I saw a very large woman wearing a sweatshirt with "Guess" on it. I said,  "Left Tackle?”

I don't do drugs. I find I get the same effect just by standing up really fast.

I don't like political jokes. I've seen too many get elected.

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.

If life deals you lemons, make lemonade. If life deals you tomatoes, make Bloody Mary’s.

Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at bowling alley.

No one ever says, "It's only a game!" when their team's winning.

Marriage changes passion . . . suddenly you're in bed with a relative.

Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?

Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants.

I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear loose fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose fitting clothing, I wouldn't need the class!

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Wouldn't you know it! Brain cells come and brain cells go, but FAT cells live forever.

Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison.


(Do it now!!!.........while you remember it.

Sometime later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, the end of April 2024

 75 degrees with mostly bright sunshine here in Clarinda, IA at 12:40 pm Tuesday.  Forecast for possibly some storms this late afternoon.  H...