Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Removed old A/C


67º here in La Feria, TX at 10:00 am Wednesday with heavy overcast.






















Today I removed the old A/C Condenser unit.  Now Possums or armadillos can run between us and the Nehers!



Gettin' the low-down, before exercises.

I played partner with Harold Neher yesterday at Shuffleboard.
I held him back to only one win out of three games.

Our director was in California yesterday so Bob Weise led the
practice for Men of A Chord barbershop group.







Things are really growing.  This cactus
was just above the cements when we
got here in October!
















I haven't played horseshoes for probably 20 years, but will try after lunch today.  Had 11 at our exercises this morning.

Phyllis is kept quite busy all day during the week, and some evenings, with her job.

32 years ago today we buried my Mother at Callaway, Nebraska.  73 years ago today my  younger brother Darrell was born near Callaway, Nebraska.


Phil - thanks for this:
Mildred, the church gossip and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals, kept sticking her nose into other people's business. Several members did not approve of her activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence & distance.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused Frank, a new member, of being an alcoholic after she saw his old pickup parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon.   She emphatically told Frank, (and several others), that everyone seeing it there would know what he was doing!

Frank, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and just turned and walked away. He didn't explain, defend, or deny. He simply said nothing.

Later that evening, Frank quietly parked his pickup in front of Mildred's house, walked home and left it there all night.

GROANER’S CORNER:(( Things You Should Never Say To A Police Officer::
1. I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer

2. Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.

3. Aren't you the guy from the Village People?

4. Hey, you must've been doin' about 125 mph to keep up with me! Good job!

5. I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer.

6. I was going to be a cop, but I decided to finish high school instead.

7. Bad cop! No doughnut!

8. You're not gonna check the trunk, are you?

9. Gee, that gut sure doesn't inspire confidence.

10. Didn't I see you get your butt kicked on the T.V show Cops?


More later, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Final Moments of His Life, Calvin Has One Last Talk with Hobbes

       By  MYRNA LAPRES “Calvin? Calvin, sweetheart?” In the darkness Calvin heard the sound of Susie, his wife of fifty-three years. Calvin...