Saturday, December 16, 2017

Cool again in the Valley

50º off-and-on rain here in La Feria, TX at 3:00 pm Saturday as I start this.  Been cold/rainy last couple days.
Mexican Santa

Part of the Christmas decorations at one motor home.
The park has a best decorated contest and some of them are putting some things out.  Some are lights at night that don't show up in photos well.











Lots of stuff out front, and at nite lots of lights shining on the motorhome

















Butch and his daughter just got here from Iowa Wednesday
afternoon in time to play Pegs & Jokers with us that night.

Phyllis, Harold, Bobi, Butch, LaRhoda

LaRhoda, Bob & Diane

Moving boxes back from Red Hall to storage shed
Thursday at 1 pm after ladies worked on quilts.


Don Ferguson ready to call Bingo numbers before we ate
pizza at Gaddi's in Harlingen Monday morning

At Gaddi's Monday



I helped Don Ferguson with the popcorn
 Thursday the park sponsored a "welcome back" party.  Phyllis, as Activity Director lined up the activities and people to run them.
Quite a few of the guys raced their radio controlled cars

 There were golf cart races, but I didn't get any photos of them as I was carrying trays of popcorn from the hall over to the south road for the people sitting in chairs to watch.
 Didn't get any pictures of the action, but there were several timed races and then some side-by-side races with the cars.  After the official events the guys ran the cars around a little crazy, running into each other, rolling them on the grass at the side and generally enjoying their cars.




Weather was in low 70's with overcast - ideal for being outside
1

Cars getting ready for drag race
Bob Raab and Harold Neher


At Thursday night Bean Bag Baseball



Phyllis brought home a chest cold a week or so ago.  She got over most of it before too long, but then I picked it up and added severe throat problems with canker sores in the mouth can't seem to shake it.  Missed, for the first time since early last March, practice for the Magic Valley Men of A-Chord barbershop group Tuesday.  Still can't talk well, may be back in line by next Tuesday's practice.


GROANER'S CORNER:((  A group of Sun City Senior citizens were sitting around talking about their ailments:  "My arms are so weak I can barely hold a cup of coffee", said one.  "Yes, I know. My cataracts are so bad I can't even see my coffee", replied another.  "I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck", said a third, to which several nodded in agreement.  My blood pressure pills make me dizzy," another went on.  "I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man as he shook his head.  There was then a short moment of silence.  "Well, it's not that bad" said one woman cheerfully. "Thank God, we can all still drive"!
--------------------------------------------
“The one thing women don’t want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband.”
------
In a small Southern town there was a "Nativity Scene" that showed  great skill and talent had gone into creating it. One small feature  bothered me. The three wise men were wearing firemen's helmets.  Totally unable to come up with a reason or explanation, I left.  At a "Quick Stop" on the edge of town, I asked the lady behind the counter about the helmets. She exploded into a rage, yelling at me, "You damn Yankees never do read the Bible!" I assured her that I did, but simply couldn't recall anything about firemen in the Bible. She jerked her Bible from behind the counter and ruffled through some pages, and finally jabbed her finger at a passage. Sticking it in my face she said, "See, it says right here,  'The three wise man came from afar.'"
Christmas-Group-Therapy
===================================
Take care of each other -- Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, the end of April 2024

 75 degrees with mostly bright sunshine here in Clarinda, IA at 12:40 pm Tuesday.  Forecast for possibly some storms this late afternoon.  H...