Monday, August 10, 2020

August 10

77º here in Clarinda, IA at 10:30 am Monday, with predicted high of 83º. Think it rained Sunday morning and we did get .45" of rain Sunday morning. Humidity up, so A/C back on.

Spent time in Oskaloosa, IA at a Bluegrass Festival starting Thursday. Don't think there were over 40 or 50 people there, but some good music---and some other music.







Sunday we were able to attend a gathering of the Heuer clan at the shelter in the city park. Rusty had returned from Arlington, Washington for the weekend and all of his family in this part of Iowa, and his mother and her sisters were there.




Rusty with aunt Jan

Rusty with cousin Lori, & Aunts Jan & Joyce

House we have been watching being built
GROANER'S CORNER:((    The European Union commissioners have announced that an agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility. 
    As part of the negotiations, the British government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short). 
     In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivil servants will reseive this news with joy.  Also, the hard "c" will be replaced with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.  
    There will be growing public enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replased by "f".  This will make words like "fotograf" 20 persent shorter.  
    In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the language is disgrasful, and they would go.  
    By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by "v".  
    During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud, of kors, be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.  Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German lik zey vunted in ze forst plas.

==================


More later, Lynn

2 comments:

  1. I thank God for dr Moses Buba for helping me with pills for penis enlargement and cure my friends diabetes, he has been putting smile on my face, and on the faces of my loved ones, I got his email address via facebook platform on a penis size  forum on facebook so I decided to contact him directly on his email address, and my encounter with this herbal doctor is a lifetime  mind blowing testimony, so to all the other men out there about little penis , and other people that are sick of all other deadly diseases such as kidney problems, diabetes, leukemia, herpes and those that needs pills or creams for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, kindly contact him directly on his email address via:  buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2349060529305 or call me for more details  +15019914802 
    He is the best herbal doctor I have ever came across during my search for a cure,  
    Good luck to all the sick people out there, I love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God for dr Moses Buba for helping me with pills for penis enlargement and cure my friends diabetes, he has been putting smile on my face, and on the faces of my loved ones, I got his email address via facebook platform on a penis size  forum on facebook so I decided to contact him directly on his email address, and my encounter with this herbal doctor is a lifetime  mind blowing testimony, so to all the other men out there about little penis , and other people that are sick of all other deadly diseases such as kidney problems, diabetes, leukemia, herpes and those that needs pills or creams for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, kindly contact him directly on his email address via:  buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2349060529305 or call me for more details  +15019914802 
    He is the best herbal doctor I have ever came across during my search for a cure,  
    Good luck to all the sick people out there, I love you all

    ReplyDelete

More rain and chilly weather

A chilly 50 degrees with 20 mph wind straight out of the north.  Had .7" of rain from overnight.  Heavy overcast and storm has moved to...